This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MagicBabyMoments #CollectiveBias
There's nothing cuter than shopping for babies. I remember shopping for my girls when they were little and how fun it was to pick out each and every item, each one cuter than the last. I still love shopping in the baby section even though all the grandkids are past that age now too, but when there is a baby shower in the future then I get to go back to one of my favorite sections of the store. Walmart is a great place to shop for baby, you know how expensive baby/crib bedding can be so I enjoy being able to walk into Walmart and pick out Disney Baby bedding and not feel like I've been mugged. Plus look how adorable the selection is!
Today I want to share with you how easy it is to make a nursery decoration to go with any of the Disney Baby Bedding Sets at Walmart. My friend is having a little girl and they are doing a whole Nemo theme so I wanted to add a little extra gift to the bedding set I picked out for them. This adds a personal touch to a gift and it gave Sammy and I something to do together that was a lot of fun for her.
For this DIY Initial Nursery Decoration I hit up the crafting aisle at Walmart and got the items below:
Staying within the color scheme of the Disney Baby Nemo Bedding I picked out a turquoise paint and orange gems. Everything was super affordable, including the glue gun and brushes which you can reuse over and over again. Don't worry about breaking your budget with this great personalized gift.
- Paint your letter over an old newspaper or over a large piece of construction paper. Let the kids help paint, this is the best part for them.
- Allow painted letter to dry completely. It's such a hot summer that our S was dry in about 20 minutes and then we gave it a second coat.
- Once you letter is completely dry carefully glue the ribbon evenly in the back. Cut the amount of ribbon according to how long you want it to hang.
- Now you can get creative and add some gems for a blinged out and girly effect. This set of gems was only .98 and there was a lot of colors to pick from.
- The last step is to tie a bow and hang.
Super easy and super cute!
I'm super happy with the end result and how easy and affordable it was to add a personalized momento to my gift, that we made ourselves. I imagine it's going to look adorable once the entire baby room is filled with all Nemo decor.
Walmart is a great place to shop for baby and with the selection of Disney Baby (featuring the green Disney castle) characters, there is one for every baby. Which of these Disney Baby Characters would you decorate your baby nursery in?