This post has been sponsored by Lunchbox, all opinions are my own.
I'm going to be 42 this July. These are just some of the joys of being a woman my age:
- constant trips to el bano, and when I say constant I mean it.
- you're overly tired and yet when you lie down to sleep you can't.
- waking up way too early, while you could still be resting and instead your mind begins to work out all the things you didn't do yesterday.
- your body is just not what it used to be, flights of stairs, hills and even simple walking can be a struggle, or is that just me?
- gray hairs galore, and these babies pop up over night!
- permanent bags parked under my eyes the size of water balloons.
- sagging everything!
- the beginning of what promises to be a killer set of crows feet.
- Did I say sagging everything?
You get the picture right? But I'll tell you what, I am super comfortable in my skin, even if most of it is on it's way downhill. Even with that long list above, I am happy. There are things that need to change, like losing weight and getting in better physical health, but I am happy in my skin. This is something that I was not when I was 16, 18, 19 or even in my early 20's. Confidence is something that for many of us women, seems to come at a later age. So how does this soon-to-be 42 year old woman find confidence in herself?
Big on the list for staying confident is taking care of myself more than when I was younger. I didn't even really start caring for my skin till about 5 years ago when suddenly the signs of aging started to show up. That's when I realized that the skin that took care of itself, now needed my help and begun an actual skin care regimen. Since then I have tried a lot of products, you know me, always a fan of trying out all the "new" items. But there is a set of items, my tried and true's, that I always have at home. One of those staple items is POND'S moisturizer. Right now I am using POND'S Rejuveness which is an anti-wrinkle cream.
POND'S Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream helps firm skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles in 2 weeks. I don't have too many wrinkles around my eyes yet, but my facial skin is definitely sagging. It's just not elastic enough and sometimes when I look in the mirror I can't even believe it's me. That's why I was looking for a firming cream that will also be proactive against those wrinkles that are slowly but surely beginning to form. I love the scent of POND'S Cream and it only takes a minute to apply to my face and neck twice daily. I like how lightweight it is and how it doesn't clog my pores, it also absorbs quickly enough so I don't have to wait forever before starting my makeup or going to bed. You can find POND's at Walmart at an everyday affordable price.
Overall 42 is looking pretty great. I really have no complaints at all. Aging is not always fun, your body changes SO MUCH, but you learn to go with the flow and really this is a great age, it's so freeing! The skin's not looking that bad either if I can say so myself...so bring on 42, I am READY.