This is part of a sponsored campaign with Charmin and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
The holidays are quickly approaching and that means that it's time to start preparing our home for extended family visits and a lot of family get togethers. With a recent move plus a few unexpected expenses, I don't have a large budget for redecorating my home for the holidays. Instead, I will be making small changes all around the house that will make a big difference.
These are five super easy ways that I help make my home more welcoming during the holiday season.
- Charmin is putting a new spin on toilet paper by adding the soothing scent of Chamomile for an enjoyable bathroom experience. By simply switching to Charmin with the scent of Chamomile, the bathroom feels more welcoming and cozy. For those who grew up with scented bath tissue, this can be a small way to carry on a family tradition. If you’re looking for a new way to freshen up your bathroom, Charmin plus the scent of Chamomile helps provide your family a soothing bathroom experience.
- I don't go 100% out on holiday decor but I do add plenty of little touches all through out the house. There is no better time of the year, especially for the kids, so having the place decorated makes everyone feel festive and ready to celebrate the holidays together.
- Holiday music is another small detail that makes a huge difference. I put Pandora on the holiday station and we listen to our favorite holiday songs.
- Food! All of our favorite Mexican dishes of course, those are the main ingredient when planning the perfect holiday get together. Everything from tamales to flan and arroz con leche, everyone's favorites are served during the holidays.
- Every year at the beginning of October we do what we call a "fall cleaning" in preparation of the holiday season. This is a time to purge of all items that we don't need. Some of it will be thrown out, others will be donated and we rearrange all the rooms especially the living area since this is where our new puppy is staying. This thorough cleaning preps the house for all of the activities that are to come in the next months. A clean home to me is a welcoming home and I like to have my home organized and ready for any planned or unplanned guests.
The most important part of any holiday gathering is of course your guests. Once your home is ready to receive them, all that's missing is all the family and friends that will make each gathering so special. Even on a budget your home can be set for this holiday season with simple steps like the ones above. It's all about making everyone feel welcomed and cozy and about creating those special memories.