Today I am very excited to finally bring you my complete review of the Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains. I found these a few months ago via YouTube and after purchasing the first one I was completely hooked and had to get the rest of them. My review below is for 7 of the 8 colors, there is one called Terra Crave that I did not purchase because it looked a lot like Nude Chic and I don't really like nude colors, so I did not want two shades I would probably never wear again. These are priced at $2.99 at Walgreens, with the exception of mine where they are $3.29 for some reason. But everywhere else that I have seen them they are $2.99 and a steal for the product that you are getting.
These are a retractable balm that is supposed to lightly stain and moisturize your lips. The big surprise and the reason they are so popular is that there is really no "light" about it, these are highly pigmented and have just the right amount of sheen.
Can you tell which three are my faves?
I first purchased Candied Coral because I love corals and loved it, I also LOVE Rock N Rouge because red is always my favorite color. I had the hardest time finding Cranberry Crush which is my third favorite.
- cranberry crush: gorgeous cranberry and a perfect fall shade, this will look good on every skin tone
- sweet pink: is a lot pinker than you would expect from the packaging, very pretty but does tend to make my teeth look quite yellow.
- honey love: not sure about this one, I do like that is not as nude as Nude Chic, but it's one of the ones that is most talked about yet it's one of my least favorites. I think it's because I love big, bold colors.
- nude chic: I don't like this at all and I do not like the little sparkles in it. I would like to give it a try though maybe when I do bold blush or color on my eyes. It just washed me out today because I wasn't wearing a lot of color on my face. I think Munkey would love this since she prefers a nude lip.
- candied coral: oh I love this, and I pile it on even though you just need one layer to get that gorgeous shade. I think this brightens my face right up and it doesn't yellow my teeth as much as the pinks do.
- tropical frenzy: this color is quite sexy and really bright pink. Does make my teeth yellow but I think I am going to love it because it is such a bright and bold color.
And here is my very fave Rock n Rouge. Even in this bad Instagram shot you are able to see that great sheen that all of these balms have. It's the perfect amount of sheen to catch the eye but it's not loud like a lip gloss. They feel so good on, I have some on now and my lips feel soft and happy!
Here are some other swatches which will give you a better idea as to the colors.
Swatched in this order.
That is some major pigmentation and sheen right?
Long story short, Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stains are an amazing deal. You get such quality, color and sheen for such a tiny price. They have totally made me reevaluate a brand that I never would have looked at twice. I will have to buy back ups for my favorites soon, and I hope they will be around for a long time to come. If you haven't tried them, you should def grab at least one.
If you do let me know what you think. If you already have these,
I would love to know which is you favorite.