This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Dole Packaged Foods, LLC. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Last week was Sammy's last day of Kindergarten, that means that it's time to get the summer fun started. Sammy and I have created a "Mami and Me" bucketlist of items that we must do this summer.
1. Visit the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles. We went once last year and ever since then Sammy has been asking to return. I love it when my child wants to visit a place that is so incredibly educational.
2. Go to the beach at least twice. I know it sounds like two times is nowhere near enough. Unfortunately we don't live near the beach and we must travel at least an hour and a half to go there. After living in a beach town all my life it is so ironic that we ended up living so far away from it now. So we would be happy if we could make it to two full days of sun and sand.
3. Disneyland! Sammy's dad is currently working in Mexico and as soon as he gets back in August, we have a trip planned to the Happiest Place on Earth! We try to go at least once a year and it is one of Sammy's favorite things to do.
4. Though this is tentative and not a for sure, Sam also really wants to visit SeaWorld. She is six and has never been! This is pretty much a crime, I know. But San Diego is now even farther for us than Disneyland and we've never taken her. So I am hoping we can have it in the budget to go there too.
5. Read with the library. This is the first year that Sammy is old enough to join the Summer Reading Program with our local library and I am excited for it to begin. She already loves to read and I want to encourage this love and also make sure that she doesn't forget everything she's been taught.
Something else we will be doing this summer is snacking and enjoying all kids of yummy things, like the new DOLE Fruit Squish’ems. Have you been introduced to these yet?
New DOLE Fruit Squish’ems are available in three yummy flavors, including:
o Apple Mixed Berry
o Apple Strawberry
These delicious and convenient fruit snacks are perfect for on-the-go. And what is more perfect when you are planning a summer full of fun? I can pack DOLE Fruit Squish’ems in my bag and be comfortable knowing that I have a great-tasting snack that Sam can enjoy, where ever we happen to be. Knowing that New DOLE Fruit Squish’ems are BPA, GMO (not made with genetically modified or engineered ingredients), and Gluten free, makes me happy. Each DOLE Fruit Squish’ems contains a full serving of all-natural fruit and is only 60 calories.
Where ever we happen to go DOLE Fruit Squish’ems will help make the day more enjoyable. They are easy to pack, no fuss to open and eat and can conveniently be consumed without making any mess at all. These will definitely calm the munchies down and let us enjoy more "mami and me" time without the feelings of hunger, that always hit kids between meals. Find out more information about DOLE Fruit Squish'ems by visiting http://dole.com/fruitsquishems.
As you can see we have a summer full of fun planned, and because DOLE Fruit Squish'ems are so convenient, we don't have to waste any time worrying about what snacks to bring along. And as soon as Sammy gets over this cold she caught over the weekend, we can get started on the fun :)
What are some of the items on your summer bucketlist?