This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetPocketAvatars #CollectiveBias
I'm going to share a secret with you, I hate texting, it is such a chore! Can you imagine what it's like for me with my 4 girls texting all day long as well as other members of the family? Even though I've been texting for years, I have not managed to pick up that lighting fast texting speed everyone else seems to have mastered. How do they do it? My girls pick up their phones and with both hands will speedily send out not one but a few texts in the space of time that it takes me to send a sentence. And I don't do it with two hands, my texting method entails hiding the phone with my left hand and me poking at the keyboard with one finger. Not exactly speedy, and not exactly fun either. But I have found a new way to make messaging fun and easier, because I don't have to type in all those long sentences anymore. Now I cam send video messages featuring really cute avatars.
So how can you send these fun video messages? Intel Pocket Avatars App is a free app that you can find (I love free apps!) on both iTunes and Android. It's a fairly easy app to get the hang of, but I will share a quick tutorial just in case you are technology challenged.
Download app on iTunes or Android
- Register ( this only takes a few minutes)
- Confirm your email address and sign in.
- Allow Intel Pocket Avatars App to access your contacts for direct messaging from the app
- Now you are READY to make your first personalized avatar
Create a FUN Avatar Video Message
- Once you've signed in you are ready to pick a few avatars to download or you can begin with one. I picked one that I think actually looks like me, her name is Ana and she is adorable.
- Download your avatar and choose your Audio Effects (high, deep or none)
- The app uses your camera to follow your face and head movements so take a few moments to let the avatar follow you around and see just how silly you can make your video.
- Once you are ready to record just hit the red button and you have 15 seconds to record your message.
- Now just send your message to a contact and/or share on social media.
I don't know how many messages we've sent but we love this app. It's really taken messaging to a whole other level and now when I want to yell something at my kids I send them a quick avatar video message.
My favorite message to send my kids is a singing message, which is fun for me and scary for them because I am a horrible singer, but still they love me. You can even throw some romance in and send the boyfriend a song like I did to mine. This is just a very fun app that the whole family can download and use to keep in touch. The kids are going to love the avatars and how creative they can get with their messaging. You might even find that everyone is keeping in touch a lot more than normal, which is good considering everyone is so darn busy. Get in on the fun and download the app for yourself. Who will you send your first video avatar message to?